Saturday, September 04, 2010

In My Mailbox...

In My Mailbox is an exploration of what books I brought home this week, and is organized by The Story Siren.

I got a few interesting books this week.  Two for review and one I bought.

ARC of Blue Fire by Janice Hardy
Part fugitive, part hero, fifteen-year-old Nya is barely staying ahead of the Duke of Baseer’s trackers. Wanted for a crime she didn’t mean to commit, she risks capture to protect every Taker she can find, determined to prevent the Duke from using them in his fiendish experiments. But resolve isn’t enough to protect any of them, and Nya soon realizes that the only way to keep them all out of the Duke’s clutches is to flee Geveg. Unfortunately, the Duke’s best tracker has other ideas.
Nya finds herself trapped in the last place she ever wanted to be, forced to trust the last people she ever thought she could. More is at stake than just the people of Geveg, and the closer she gets to uncovering the Duke’s plan, the more she discovers how critical she is to his victory. To save Geveg, she just might have to save Baseer—if she doesn’t destroy it first.


ARC of I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore
Nine of us came here. We look like you. We talk like you. We live among you. But we are not you. We can do things you dream of doing. We have powers you dream of having. We are stronger and faster than anything you have ever seen. We are the superheroes you worship in movies and comic books—but we are real.
Our plan was to grow, and train, and become strong, and become one, and fight them. But they found us and started hunting us first. Now all of us are running. Spending our lives in shadows, in places where no one would look, blending in. we have lived among you without you knowing.
But they know.
They caught Number One in Malaysia.
Number Two in England.
And Number Three in Kenya.
They killed them all.
I am Number Four.
 
Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
Katniss Everdeen, girl on fire, has survived, even though her home has been destroyed. Gale has escaped. Katniss's family is safe. Peeta has been captured by the Capitol. District 13 really does exist. There are rebels. There are new leaders. A revolution is unfolding.
It is by design that Katniss was rescued from the arena in the cruel and haunting Quarter Quell, and it is by design that she has long been part of the revolution without knowing it. District 13 has come out of the shadows and is plotting to overthrow the Capitol. Everyone, it seems, has had a hand in the carefully laid plans -- except Katniss.
The success of the rebellion hinges on Katniss's willingness to be a pawn, to accept responsibility for countless lives, and to change the course of the future of Panem. To do this, she must put aside her feelings of anger and distrust. She must become the rebels' Mockingjay -- no matter what the personal cost.
 
What did you bring home this week?

9 comments:

Kari said...

Mockingjay! I got that one too. I hope you enjoy it!

♫♥✿Chas @ LovLivLife Reviews✿♥♫ said...

Mockingjay rocks and I am number four has been receiving some raving reviews!!=) i hope I can read that one soon!

Happy Reading!
Here's My IMM:
http://bit.ly/9hmI1q

Belinda said...

I came so close today to buying I Am Number Four. I'm excited to see you have and I hope yuo have a great time reading it :)

Here's my IMM

kirsty at the overflowing library said...

i am number four is awesome!

Nat said...

I have been looking forward to I am Number Four...and I'm hoping you enjoy Mockingjay!

Lillie (AliseOnLife) said...

I like the cover on Blue Fire. I hope you enjoy and have a happy reading week!

Jenny said...

I can't wait to read I am Number Four, I've heard such good things! And the Hunger Games series is one of my all time favorites, hope you like Mockingjay:)

Sherrie Petersen said...

I really want to read "I am Number Four." I can't wait to see your review of it!

Natalie Aguirre said...

Paranormalcy! It's great. I read Mockingjay. Hope you enjoy it. I can't wait to read Janice Hardy's new book.