Wednesday, March 05, 2008

It just keeps growing!

I don't know why, but every story I write is always bigger than my initial plan. The characters develop and start to include their own stories in mine, they do things that were never in my plan, and I find that many more things need to happen in order to avoid that rush-to-the-end feeling. So, by the time I'm writing those last few chapters, I'm asking myself "am I ever going to finish?" The answer is, of course, yes. :) But It surely doesn't feel like it at the time.

I've been reading some truly great books lately, one of which is Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr. I couldn't put it down, dreamed about it, thought I saw fey everywhere I looked, etc. :) It's a fantastic read, which I highly recommend. I wrote a little something summarizing my thoughts on Shelfari. Feel free to read it if you like. Melissa Marr has another book coming out in April, something of a sequel to Wicked Lovely, which I've already pre-ordered.

I've just picked up A Curse Dark As Gold by Elizabeth Bunce. Based on what I've heard, I'm expecting it to be just as good.

No comments: