Thursday, January 01, 2009

50 Books in 2009

The 50 Book Challenge: read fifty books in a year!

I did this last year through Shelfari and loved it, so I'm doing it again. I'll keep this list up to date, and add books as I read them.

Here is what I've read so far:

1. The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot
2. The Book of Luke by Jenny O'Connell
3. 39 Clues: The Maze of Bones by Rick Riordan
4. Genius Squad by Catherine Jinks
5. Slam by Nick Hornby
6. Graceling by Kristin Cashore
7. Lock and Key by Sarah Dessen
8. Chalice by Robin McKinley
9. I Wanna Be Your Joey Ramone by Stephanie Kuehnert
10. Bliss by Lauren Myracle
11. Sliding on the Edge by C. Lee McKenzie
12. Book of a Thousand Days by Shannon Hale
13. The Compound by S.A. Bodeen
14. Little Brother by Cory Doctorow
15. Braless in Wonderland by Debbie Reed Fischer
16. Tales of Beedle the Bard by J.K. Rowling
17. Harmless by Dana Reinhardt
18. The Shape of Water by Anne Spollen
19. The Spectacular Now by Tim Tharp
20. The Patron Saint of Butterflies by Cecilia Galante
21. The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
22. 39 Clues: One False Note by Gordon Korman
23. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
24. The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein
25. The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan
26. The Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney
27. Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
28. Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist by David Levithan and Rachel Cohn
29. How Not To Be Popular by Jennifer Ziegler
30. Maybe Yes, Maybe No, Maybe Maybe by Susan Patron
31. Whales On Stilts by M.T. Anderson
32. The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski
33. City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare
34. Trigger by Susan Vaught
35. 39 Clues: The Sword Thief by Peter Lerangis
36. A Taste for Red by Lewis Harris
37. Does My Head Look Big In This? by Randa Abdel-Fattah
38. The Comeback Season by Jennifer E. Smith
39. My Big Nose and Other Natural Disasters by Sydney Salter
40. The Chosen One by Carol Lynch Williams
41. I Know It's Over by C.K. Kelly Martin
42. Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson
43. How To Be Bad by E. Lockhart, Sarah Mlynowski, and Lauren Myracle
44. Tantalize by Cynthia Leitich Smith
45. Eternal by Cynthia Leitich Smith
46. Wake by Lisa McMann
47. Fade by Lisa McMann
48. 39 Clues: Beyond the Grave by Jude Watson
49. The Magic Thief by Sarah Prineas
50. The Demon Lexicon by Sarah Rees Brennan

Yay!! I read fifty books and it's only June! Hmm...think I'd better expand my goal...

8 comments:

Bish Denham said...

Unfortunately I won't be doing the challenge because I'm such a slow reader, even though I read every day. But I will be keeping a list and I hope I remember to post it at the end of the year!

Kelly Polark said...

You are sure to do this again!
I will but most of the books will be picture books :0).

Tabitha said...

Bish - it's good to see someone who knows what she can do and is ready to do it. :) I'm looking forward to reading your list! :)

Kelly - nothing wrong with picture books, especially since that's what you write, right? I'm reading mostly YA and MG, because that's what I write. So go ahead and keep a list of picture books! :)

Margo Dill said...

I saw the announcement about your blog in the Illinois SCBWI listserve. I love this 50 book challenge. I have a children's/teen's blog too, called READ THESE BOOKS AND USE THEM, so I read a lot of books or listen to them on audiotape. I have also had another friend recommend Shelfari. So, I might just look into it. Anyway, keep up the good work. :)

Margo Dill
Mahomet, IL
http://margodill.com/blog/

Christina Farley said...

You are doing so well with this. I need to make up my list. But at least I've been reading, right?

Tabitha said...

Thanks! And yes, just keep reading. :)

Roy Buchanan said...

Wonderful site, Tabitha.

Haven't kept track of what I've read this year, but I must be up to about twenty books of various genres at this point. This list is great and I'm going to do my best to work my way through as the year progresses.

Grampy (CC)

Tabitha said...

Thanks, Grampy. :) And thanks for stopping by!