Sunday, December 21, 2008

Honest Scrap


I've been nominated for the Honest Scrap Award by fellow blogger Ann Bryson, a lovely person I met at the Prairie Writer's Day conference. :)

“Scrap means left over, discarded material. Many times truth and honesty are discarded material, considered fragments and left over. This award is for people that tell it like it is, and let the scraps fall where they will. There are 2 guidelines for receiving this award. One, you are to list 10 honest things about yourself. Make them interesting, even if you have to dig deep. Two, present the award to other bloggers.”
Ten honest things about me are:
1. I love to bake. Cakes are my favorites, but really anything will do. Banana bread, cinnamin rolls, cookies, pies, quiche, bread, whatever. Especially around Christmas time. :)
2. I don't like running. Hate it, actually. I only run for the train, and only if I know there won't be another one for an hour.
3. One of my biggest fears is speaking to strangers, especially a group. I guess it's got more to do with being the center of attention, which makes me squirm like no tomorrow. Blech. There's a reason I write. :)
4. I'm addicted to coffee. Love the stuff, love it! But caffeine and I don't always get along, so I have to take a break from it for a month or two, then I vow to stick to decaf. But it never lasts because it doesn't taste as good.
5. I've been crocheting since I was twelve, and can do it with my eyes closed. Literally. I made seventeen baby blankets in one year once, because we knew so many people having babies. I've still got one to make for my future neice/nephew.
6. My favorite board game is Connect 4. Though I guess it's not technically a board game...
7. I read to my kids every day, at least once. I'm looking forward to reading novels to them as they get older.
8. I check on my kids every night before going to bed and always listen to the sound of them breathing. It's such a calming, reassuring sound...something only parents will probably understand.
9. I used to ride motorcycles, avidly. I probably will get another one when my boys are older and I have more time. Which probably means I'll be an old woman and too weak to hold on. :)
10. I'm a very honest person. I used to hold back my opinions or comments for the sake of avoiding conflict, but the past few years I've been saying what I think. Tactfully, of course. Or, at least, I hope.
And now, I tag Carrie, Lee, and Prince B. If you choose to be tagged, that is. :)

6 comments:

PJ Hoover said...

All this honesty is amazing! And I've found decaf that does taste as good! Flavia! Love the stuff.

Kelly Polark said...

I do the checking on the kids breathing every night, too!!
My sister is a motorcycle girl too (I'm afraid of them!). She started a women's apparel line because she wanted cuter stuff to wear. Her website is vavavroomonline.com if you want to check it out!

Jacqui said...

Absolutely on the checking the breathing one.

Tabitha said...

PJ - yay!!! Thanks for sharing that priceless piece of info! Gotta go shopping once I can get out of my garage. :) There's snow drifted up pretty high in our alley.

Kelly & Jacqui - LOL!! Not surprising. I think it's wired into us once we become moms. :)

GWG - it was fun! Thanks to Ann for tagging me! :)

Ann Bryson said...

Great post, Tabitha! I drink decaf, and I can't speak in front of a crowd either. Fun!

Tabitha said...

Thanks for tagging me, Ann. It was fun!! And fun to read little bits of honesty from other writers, too. :)