Thursday, October 09, 2008

The Third Annual Cybils Awards


The Cybils Award is given to children's books that have been nominated by readers.


So, all you readers, do you have a favorite children's book from this year that you simply must nominate? Then go do it! Nominations are accepted in nine categories: Young Adult Fiction, Middle Grade Fiction, Non-Fiction Middle Grade/Young Adult, Easy Readers, Fantasy & Science Fiction, Picture Books, Non-Fiction Picture Books, Graphic Novels, and Poetry.

You can nominate one book per category, through October 15th. Finalists will be announced on January 1st, then winners will be announced on February 14th. So go nominate!! I sure will.
I looked over the previous winners - some I've read and some I haven't. And now my reading list has gotten much longer...

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the link: I keep hearing about this, and keep forgetting about it. I'll go check it out now and not forget about it again :)

Carrie Harris said...

Thanks for the reminder. I meant to go and nominate but forgot! Ack!

Tabitha said...

I kept forgetting too, so I figured the only way to remember was to blog about it. :) If I tell others that I'm going to nominate, then I'll actually do it. :)

Jen Robinson said...

I hope you all will come and nominate titles. Thanks for blogging about the Cybils, Tabitha! We are definitely keen to get lots of people involved in the process.

Beth Fehlbaum, Author said...

I am soooo thrilled that my debut novel, Courage in Patience, has been nominated by at least 3 readers! I can't wait to see how this all turns out. Thank you to the organizers and creators of the Cybils.
Beth Fehlbaum, author
Courage in Patience, a story of hope for those who have endured abuse
http://courageinpatience.blogspot.com
Ch. 1 & Book Trailer are online!

Marcia said...

Thanks for the link, Tabitha. There are so many great writing- and book-related sites to keep track of that reminders are always helpful. As great as any award is, reader-nominated ones are really special.

Angela Ackerman said...

Thanks for posting the link!

Tabitha said...

Hope you're all nominating!! I've only done one...gotta get my butt in gear. :)